We wish to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible and we appreciate most of our guests will respect and look after our properties and the equipment provided. In order to receive a full refund of your bond please follow guidelines below.
Check-in and out Regulations
- The check-in time at the residence is 3 pm. The house will be open and you will find the keys placed inside. Our manager will call in to explain how everything operates. Early check-ins may be possible, please contact manager prior to arrival.
- If you have any problems with the house on arrival, please notify the manager immediately. We strive to keep everything clean, tidy, and comfortable and in good working order although breakdowns and damages can happen that are out of our control. As this is an Island it can take some time to get the necessary parts and equipment for repairs but we will make every effort to do so and make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
- Departure time is no later than 10 am unless prior arrangements have been made with the manager.
- Before departure ensure that all cookware, crockery and cutlery are washed, clean and put away where they were found. Fold and return all blankets and doonas to where they were found. Tidy up, clean the fridges, stove and bbq. Sweep the floors and return everything to where it belongs. Please take all rubbish to the refuse station, located of the Bulwer bypass road.
- If you choose to use the bbq, please avoid spilling oil, clean the spill tray and or oil catcher and remove any marinade after cooking. The use of a bbq is no different to a frypan and must be cleaned thoroughly before you vacate the premises. There are cloths, scourers and a scraper provided.
- There is also a garden fireplace. Please keep the fire small, do not leave unattended, extinguish properly, and remove the ash before your departure. If either of these is not done properly a minimum of $75 for each one will be automatically deducted from your security deposit.
- If there are any problems, breakages or damages, please notify us before you depart.
- If all check-in, residential and check out conditions are complied with and everything is left clean and in good order, the security bond is refundable within approximately 14 days of your departure.
- If you have not hired linen it is essential to bring your own. If you have forgotten, you must notify us immediately upon arrival. Beds are not to be slept on without sheets, doona covers and pillowcases. If you fail to comply you will be charged for the cost of laundering all the bed covers, doonas and protectors. The towels provided with linen hire are for bathroom use only. All bedding and hired linen must not be removed from the house or used for any other purpose.
- The number of people allowed to reside in the accommodation is mentioned in each house’s feature. Extra persons without authorisation, excessive noise, offensive language, parties and large gatherings will not be tolerated and may result in immediate cancellation of your accommodation, without refund.
- The residence is solar-powered house with limited battery storage capacity. All instructions given regarding this power system must be adhered to. Please note the following:
- Turn off all the electric appliances when not in use such as lights, fans, TV, DVD, and Stereo.
- Turn off all the water taps properly which are operated by an electric pump.
- To preserve and make the limited battery durable for your stay, it is not permitted to use electrical equipment such as toasters, sandwich makers, hairdryers, portable fridges, games consoles, and any other electrical equipment except phone and camera chargers.
- In case of emergency, a generator backup is available and functions at the discretion of the caretaker and only between 9 am and 8 pm. If power is used correctly this should not be necessary.
- When you return from the beach make sure that you remove sand and wet clothing before entering, to avoid damage to the floor, furniture, and bedding. Please do not allow your children to jump and climb on furniture and beds, touch the TV screen or play with the controls and remotes.
- Avoid moving furniture around the house. Any fittings, furnishings and household items provided, including outdoor furniture, are not to be taken from the premises.
Refunds and Cancellations:
- If cancelled up to 30 days prior to arrival, the cancellation fee is 10% of the total booking. If cancelled within 30 days of arrival then there will be no refund. However, at the discretion of the owner, it may be transferred to date within the following 12 months.
- There are no refunds or transfers for bookings in mid and full peak periods. We make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked however, in the unlikely event, the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The person or persons booking this accommodation are obliged to accept full responsibility and acknowledges that they and all members of their group are bound by all the terms and conditions printed here-on and agree that Happy Days Moreton Island and Bulwer Property Carers reserve the right to charge for any cost of removal, replacement, repair, extra maintenance and cleaning caused from abuse, misuse and or neglect of these conditions, including any legal expense and representation required to recover such cost in excess of the security deposit. We accept no responsibility or liability for any accident or personal injury that may occur during your stay, or any damage to or loss of your personal property.
- Due to the location, any items left behind after you depart will incur a minimum $50 fee for their return to the ferry office on the mainland.
If you require any assistance, please contact the property manager Don Hendry.
M: 0428 986 890